Every day, events in our lives repeat themselves. We call them cycles.
Our cycles work just like the sun rises every morning and sets every evening.
Some cycles work for us, while others don’t.
Because these cycles repeat themselves, we can expect tomorrow to be like today if we don’t change the cycle.
So if you want to change your daily results, start with your repeating cycles.
Focus on creating routines now so that your important tasks are repeated daily.
Start with a small action to break the cycle and build up from there.
Why is this important?
If you act wisely today, you’ll be more likely to do it tomorrow. However, if you do not act wisely today, you’ll be less likely to do it tomorrow.
Our cycles matter because they take us places!
So when you consider how you feel about a cycle today, also consider how that cycle will impact tomorrow.
Here are some questions to ask yourself once you identify your daily cycles:
- Are your cycles taking you where you want to go?
- What secret rewards am I getting from staying in this cycle?
- How is this cycle hurting me right now?
- What would I change if I could do it again?
- What small change will I make today to break painful cycles in my life? For example:
- Rather than complaining, start praising
- Instead of condemning yourself, confirm your identity in God
- Replace walking to the kitchen to get a second helping with taking care of your real needs
When you make even a small change in a cycle, the cycle is no longer the same.
Because you have done something different, your cycle is now different.
You have taken the first step to breaking the cycle.
With each change, get excited because you are changing – day by day!
Be Blessed with Health, Healing, and Wholeness,
Author of the Take Back Your Temple program
P.S. Do you struggle with overeating sugar? If so, you are not alone!
Overcoming sugar addiction was a key factor on my journey to losing 85 pounds and dropping from a size 22 to a size 8.
In our 14-day Sugar Detox Challenge online course (inside the Take Back Your Temple program), you’ll get the same success strategies and support to gain peace in your eating habits and achieve lasting weight loss.
“Prayer for Weight Loss”