If you are worried about your weight or health, I recommend this four-word prayer that changes everything.
In 2006, the Lord told me the meaning of the name “Take Back Your Temple;” TBYT is a prayer that asks God to take control of our bodies and lives so He can use them for His purpose and mission.
After all, we recognize that trying to live in flesh-driven strength and power isn’t working.
Here is the ‘ prayer changes everything ‘ Bible verse:
“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.1 Corinthians 6:19-20:
This scripture gives us the truth about our bodies’ importance:
- Because the Holy Spirit lives in our bodies as Jesus’ disciples, He transforms our bodies from a common purpose. A plane becomes ‘Air Force One’ when the U.S. President steps on board; our bodies become God’s temple because the Holy Spirit is within!
- We do not own our bodies; we are responsible for managing them.
- The Lord bought our bodies through Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross.
- Because of His purchase, our bodies have a purpose: glorify the Lord (display His character to others through Holy Spirit empowerment and in our spirit – mind, will, and emotions).
Praying the Prayer that Changes Everything
Because you recognize that your body is God’s temple, you invite Him to guide you in caring for it. You rely on Spirit-led strength, not flesh-driven.
- If you are struggling with your weight now, ask God to: “Take Back Your Temple.”
- If you are struggling with destructive habits, pray to the Lord in the midst of it: “Take Back Your Temple.”
- If you are struggling with fear, doubt, depression, stress, worry, or anxiety, invite God into the situation: “Take Back Your Temple.”
If you pray that simple prayer that change everything with a sincere heart each day to start your day, then I believe God will answer. After all, God’s word is the prayer’s foundation!
Once you pray the prayer that changes everything with faith, know that the Lord has answered. Express your gratitude to the Lord as in,
Thank you Lord! I believe that I receive [say whatever you believe is your level of optimal health] according to Mark 11:24.”
Meditate on this faith statement until you feel the joy of receiving the gift bubbling up inside you.
Adding Action to your Faith
Now, here is the next step. Many people miss this and do not obtain what they ask for in prayer.
Listen as the Holy Spirit speaks to you and guides you, giving you wisdom regarding how to obtain what you asked for in prayer.
Whatever he tells you to do, please do it. Blessings are bundled in obedience.
Whether you have victories, advancements, mistakes, or stumbles, you learn from it because you see that all of it is part of your life story!
Life is PROGRESSIVE, step-by-step, day by day.
- Each day brings us closer to an expected end.
- Each day brings a fresh opportunity for positive impact and God’s glory.
The key is to take each day as it comes and rely on God’s wisdom and strength to use opportunities to improve each day – to progress.
The time is going to pass anyway. We get to choose how we want our time to proceed.
What is one thing that you will do today to progress on your health habits? Even defending existing territory is progress because time is still working for you!
Walk out the Lord’s strategy step-by-step, day-by-day. Please write it down and review it every day. God wants you blessed in health even more than you want to receive it.
“Behold, I will bring it health and healing; I will heal them and reveal to them the abundance of peace and truth.”– Jeremiah 33:6
Be Blessed with Health, Healing, and Wholeness,
Author of the Take Back Your Temple program
P.S. Do you struggle with overeating sugar? If so, you are not alone!
Overcoming sugar addiction was a key factor on my journey to losing 85 pounds and dropping from a size 22 to a size 8.
In our 14-day Sugar Detox Challenge online course (inside the Take Back Your Temple program), you’ll get the same success strategies and support to gain peace in your eating habits and achieve lasting weight loss.
“Prayer for Weight Loss”